The annual Five-Boro Bike Tour returns on May 5th
The city Department of Transportation has implemented a construction embargo for the annual Five Boro Bike Tour on Sunday, May 5th. The embargo suspends projects on the following Lower Manhattan roadways:
- Whitehall Street between South Street and Water Street
- State Street between Whitehall Street and Battery Place
- Battery Place between State Street and Greenwich Street
- Greenwich Street between Battery Park and Trinity Place
- Trinity Place between Greenwich Street and Cedar Street
- Church Street between Cedar Street and Walker Street
- White Street between 6th Avenue and Franklin Place
- 6th Avenue between Franklin Street and West 59th Street
Additional roadways also are affected north of Canal Street; click here for more details on the city Department of Transportation website.
The embargo is in effect from Friday, April 26th through May 5th. Permitted emergency work will be allowed. The annual bike tour begins at Battery Park on May 5th at 6:30 a.m., when approximately 32,000 bicyclists will set off for the 40-mile ride.
Click here for a complete route map and other details.